On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 03:15:17PM -0400, Brian Hutchinson wrote: > On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Denys Dmytriyenko <[email protected]> wrote: > > > > > 1. Which bitbake you use when building oe-core+meta-ti? Since Poky comes > > with > > own copy of bitbake, you may want to compare them. > > > > Poky is: BitBake Build Tool Core version 1.20.0, bitbake version 1.20.0 > OECore is: BitBake Build Tool Core version 1.19.1, bitbake version 1.19.1
Have you tried matching them up? If you update bitbake in oe-core to 1.20 will it hang too? > > 2. Not that it would affect packaging, but where in bblayer.conf did you > > add > > meta-ti? > > > > My bblayers.conf in Poky is: > BBLAYERS ?= " \ > /home/hutch/yocto_master_wcs_10_4_2013/poky/meta \ > /home/hutch/yocto_master_wcs_10_4_2013/poky/meta-yocto \ > /home/hutch/yocto_master_wcs_10_4_2013/poky/meta-yocto-bsp \ > /home/hutch/yocto_master_wcs_10_4_2013/poky/meta-ti \ > /home/hutch/yocto_master_wcs_10_4_2013/layers/meta-oe/meta-oe \ > /home/hutch/yocto_master_wcs_10_4_2013/layers/meta-oe/meta-networking \ > /home/hutch/yocto_master_wcs_10_4_2013/layers/meta-oe/meta-webserver \ I'm wondering who's insisting on this somewhat upside-down order of layers in the stack? Unfortunately, layer priority is not the only mechanism to control parsing order... You may find this thread useful" http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.embedded.yocto.meta-ti/2726/focus=2744 > " > BBLAYERS_NON_REMOVABLE ?= " \ > /home/hutch/yocto_master_wcs_10_4_2013/poky/meta \ > /home/hutch/yocto_master_wcs_10_4_2013/poky/meta-yocto \ > > My bblayers.conf in OECore (that works) is: > BBLAYERS ?= " \ > /home/hutch/oe_core_beagleboard/oe-core/meta \ > /home/hutch/oe_core_beagleboard/oe-core/meta-ti \ > /home/hutch/oe_core_beagleboard/oe-core/meta-openembedded/meta-oe \ > /home/hutch/oe_core_beagleboard/oe-core/meta-openembedded/meta-networking \ > /home/hutch/oe_core_beagleboard/oe-core/meta-openembedded/meta-webserver \ Is it distro-less? > " > > BBLAYERS_NON_REMOVABLE ?= " \ > /home/hutch/oe_core_beagleboard/oe-core/meta \ > " > > I killed the build. I can't afford to tie up the server that long. Looks > like I'll have to go back to using Poky for only building my rootfs and > build kernel with poky generated sdk outside of bitbake. The other problem > I saw was in OECore, I added the linux-libc-headers for 2.6.37.2 so > packages would be built with headers that matched my TI PSP based kernel > and I was able to get that to work. In Poky, I made the same mods to try > and build everything against 2.6.37.2 headers and no matter what I tried it > would always use 3.10 headers. Probably OK but I still worry it could > cause a problem. > > > > And one more suggestion - you may want to compare classes between oe-core > > and > > poky/meta to see if there are any big differences, especially in the > > packaging > > area... > > > > Will do. Thanks! Any updates? -- Denys _______________________________________________ meta-ti mailing list [email protected] https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-ti
