On Sun, Aug 04, 2019 at 12:03:37PM +0000, Andy Pont wrote:
> I have created a linux-ti-staging_4.19.bbappend which contains the
> following:
>
> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}:”
>
> SRC_URI += “ \
>   file://rtl8192cu.cfg \
> “
>
> KERNEL_CONFIG_FRAGMENTS_append = “ \
>   ${WORKDIR}/rtl8192cu.cfg \
> “
>
> The rtl8192cu.cfg file enables a few options to build a kernel module for
> the RTL8192 USB WiFi module:
>
> CONFIG_RTL8192CU=m
> CONFIG_RTLWIFI=m
> CONFIG_RTLWIFI_USB=m
> CONFIG_RTLWIFI_DEBUG=y
> CONFIG_RTL8192C_COMMON=m
>
> After rebuilding the image I can find the resultant rtl8192cu.ko file in a
> number of directories under
> tmp/work/beaglebone-poky-linux-gnueabi/linux-ti-staging/4.19.38+gitAUTOINC+c17c376661-r22a
> but it isn’t in the lib/modules/… directory in the deployed image.

> Subject: Kernel config fragments not in deployed image.

You are mixing few totally orthogonal things - config fragments, kernel
modules and what gets added into a deployed image.

Config fragments change kernel configuration, which may or may not result in
extra kernel modules. Definitely you should not expect config fragments to be
deployed into an image, as you said in the Subject.

But once you get your modules built, you'd need to modify your image recipe to
get those installed and be part of the corresponding image.

Depending on your image recipe, you either need to add the extra kernel module
to RDEPENDS_${PN}, to a corresponding packagegroup or to IMAGE_INSTALL.

--
Denys