On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Manjukumar Harthikote Matha
<manjukumar.harthikote-ma...@xilinx.com> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> <.....>

>> > Maybe reading the load address from elf might help. I think MEM_BASE
>> > address might change going forward.
>> >
>> > For example:
>> > https://github.com/Xilinx/arm-trusted-firmware/commit/eb4fa652d424b895
>> > 7a927c6137e2ae3652b0b1bb
>> >

>> This patch was to accommodate that. The current version will load it at the
>> wrong
>> location.
>>
> I am looking to see if we can read from the generated elf and populate the
> MEM_BASE and MEM_SIZE
> With the current patch, I think it will be maintenance burden every release,
> trying to mitigate it if possible.

The generated bl31.elf is populated with the correct entry point address:
  Entry point address:               0xfffe5000

Which is pointing to bl31_entrypoint,
https://github.com/Xilinx/arm-trusted-firmware/blob/eb4fa652d424b8957a927c6137e2ae3652b0b1bb/bl31/bl31.ld.S#L35

Which could be used as an alternate source of the address:
   625: 00000000fffe5000   212 FUNC    GLOBAL DEFAULT    1 bl31_entrypoint

My only query is whether the ZYNQ_ATF_MEM_* variables make sense as
overrides? Essentially if there is a potential use case when bl31
needs to be built to execute in an older/newer environment that
differs from the default values (of the current version used)?

Regards,
Nathan