On 03-05-17 09:27, Sébastien bouché wrote:
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your answer. First I did enable the driver in the kernel. I could
see the driver was loaded in the boot traces.
But I could not get it working. I need to redo it to provide some log.

However, It was the only thing I've done in my layer (menuconfig). could you
please give some detail regarding "include the firmware in the rootfs
(linux-firmware)." I'm not sure I understand.

When the driver starts, it will attempt to load firmware into the device. It'll complain on the kernel output and tell you what it is looking for.

For OpenEmbedded builds, adding some of these packages to your machine .conf or some other RDEPENDS or IMAGE_INSTALL will provide the required firmware files on the rootfs:

linux-firmware-rtl8192ce
linux-firmware-rtl8192cu
linux-firmware-rtl8192su
linux-firmware-ralink