On 30-08-17 22:20, Brian Hutchinson wrote:
I too have been wrestling with generating the required images to boot the ZCU102 from SD Card using the Yocto + meta-xilinx + meta-xilinx-tools method.

I'm totally striking out. And I'm working with a Xilinx FAE and striking out! No problem at all doing this kind of thing for ZCU107 or Zedboard but ZCU102 is different beast for sure.

I have Ubuntu 16.04 box, I've tried yocto 2.2.1 (morty) and 2.3 (pyro) and I get the same result ... my builds die with:

| DEBUG: Executing shell function do_deploy
| install: cannot stat '/home/hutch/yocto_2.2.1-morty_zcu102/layers/poky/build/tmp/work/zcu102_zynqmp-poky-linux/pmu-firmware/2017.1+gitAUTOINC+122565ec40-r0/build/pmu-firmware/Release/pmu-firmware.elf': No such file or directory

Most likely the problem is that the "Release" directory was not created yet. I have seen this race condition several times in makefiles.
As a workaround, add a do_compile_prepend with "mkdir Release" or so.

However, this seems to happen in the "do_install" phase, so that's probably not the case here.

Another issue can be that actually the "compile" failed. Most of Xilinx' tools don't return error codes, so bitbake thinks everything went fine but it didn't actually produce outputs. And since do_compile was okay, it won't run again and install keeps failing.

Add a do_compile_append() that contains something like:
test -e Release/pmu-firmware.elf
and that would cause do_compile to fail if there's no output.

Kind regards,

Mike Looijmans
System Expert

TOPIC Products