Hi Manju!

> On May 16, 2018, at 12:36 PM, Manjukumar Harthikote Matha
> <manju...@xilinx.com> wrote:
>
> Will change python code to add
> bootbindeps = bootbindeps + " " + attrdepends[cfg] + ":do_deploy"
> instead of do_deploy in BIF_PARTITION_DEPENDS and apply it.

See the last part of my commit message. The reason I chose to do it like this is
explained. Essentially, when xilinx-bootbin.bb adds the "do_deploy" it assumes
that the source of BIF_ATTRIBUTE_xyz used a "DEPLOY_DIR" file. This creates an
unhealthy assumption, tightly couples xilinx-bootbin.bb and the BIF_ATTRIBUTE
assignments and makes the recipe more fragile.

If I were to use a file found in say ${STAGING_DIR_HOST}, then xilinx-bootbin.bb
would incorrectly add ":do_deploy" when in fact, ":do_populate_sysroot" should
be
appended.

Putting the ":do_deploy" in xilinx-bootbin.bb sure means less characters
overall, but
that doesn't mean it's objectively "better". ;)

I recommend leaving my patch as-is, i.e.  as I it was "signed-off".