Hi guys,

> On Jan 28, 2019, at 14:39, Manjukumar Harthikote Matha <manju...@xilinx.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex,
>
> You need additional patches on pmu-firmware
> See:
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-xilinx/2019-January/004198.html
> <https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/meta-xilinx/2019-January/004198.html>

Manju, thanks for your patience and diligence in answering this yet another
time.

In my experience, when such an issue is raised again and again, it means it
will not go away and it costs a lot in loss of time, money and most
importantly, spirit ;)

I know it's been discussed before too but if I may add my 2 cents: Am I missing
something or without manually patching pmu-firmware, the boards in the
meta-xilinx-bsp will not function because of the missing config object? (I
still use meta-xilinx-tools so I actually don't know.)  Doesn't this mean
Xilinx doesn't fully support the open-source workflow? Or is just the word
"support" that should be replaced with "participates"? (In which case it is
indeed directly responsible for it)

I remember problems with the licensing, but there has to be a solution. Even if
not elegant, once automated in yocto recipes, it's better than nothing and a
broken board after 5 hours of building!

And if this is still not possible, to help people find the very un-obvious
source of their issues, perhaps PMU firmware could suffix "(no cfg obj)" to its
version? Or anything else printed early which will help people find a xilinx
wiki page explaining the problem and the solutions available.

Cheers all!