Gaelan Steele <g...@canishe.com> wrote:

> > On Apr 8, 2024, at 10:48 AM, Eric Wong <e...@80x24.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I’m not enough of a Perl person to fully untangle this. As
> >> best I can tell, the intent is that non-Linux/BSD OSes should
> >> still work with Inline::C, but this doesn’t work in practice
> >> due to a bug?
> >
> > Right.  Patch below should fix it, test feedback appreciated.
>
> From a quick test, it seems to work: public-inbox-httpd starts
> and is happy to serve up an archive.
>
> Thanks for the quick fix!

No problem, thanks for the report and test.

> Ah, that’s the wrong email address. (My fault! My mail client
> has an unfortunate default I haven’t figured out how to change,
> and I forgot to set it before sending this time.) Would it be
> possible to use this one (g...@canishe.com <mailto:g...@canishe.com>) instead?

Sure, pushed as commit 832556492d3b94f9cadf9a4d249b519f30bae64d
with updated commit message:

    syscall: set default constants for Inline::C platforms

    This fixes compile errors on platforms we can't explicitly
    support from pure Perl due to the lack of syscall stability
    guarantees by the OS developers.

    Reported-by: Gaelan Steele <g...@canishe.com>
    Tested-by: Gaelan Steele <g...@canishe.com>