>> Can anyone explain why the font menu in the main menu bar of MC Mac
>> looks/operates differently than it does as button action in the mctools
>> stack?  Is this simply formatting applied by the OS?  Would it be
>> possible to make a font menu that pops up from a button but looks/behaves
>> like the main menubar menu?
>
>Can you be more specific about what the problem differences are?

I realized the issue is one of third party formatting, but there may be
no way around it.  Adobe makes an extension called Type Reunion which
combines all fonts into their associated families in the main menu bar.
The font grouping doesn't seem to extend down into a button-created font
menu, which I would guess probably just reads all the available fonts and
ignores any OS level formatting.

A related question: how can I set the default line item that pops up in a
combobox control?  The control is being activated in a mouseDown handler
and I can't find a way to prevent the list from popping up with the first
list item.

Thanks & Regards,

Rossi Associati Design is now Tactile Media.......................
Scott Rossi                     Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design
                                Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                Web: www.tactilemedia.com