Hi

I just discovered some unexpected consequences of the mouse-wheel
support for Windows.

Metacard fields will automatically scroll when you turn the
mouse-wheel on a Windows mouse that has such a doodad. However, this
may not be always what you want. For example, in a multi-column list
with synchronized fields, one of the fields will scroll independently
of the others unless you catch the mouse-wheel action.

It seems the only way to catch a mouse-wheel action is in a
rawKeyDown handler. (65308 and 65309 are the arguments for down and
up scrolling respectively.)

Questions:

Are the keyboard codes platform dependent? If so, do these codes
(65308,65309) do anything on non-Windows platforms?

Do any other platforms support a mouse-wheel?

Are there any other ways to control the mouse-wheel that I've missed?
(field properties, mouseWheel messages, etc.)

Wouldn't it be better to have automatic mouse-wheel support in fields
only if the field in question has a vertical scrollbar? (The
assumption being that fields without scrollbars will not be scrolled
in the conventional way, if at all.)

Cheers
Dave Cragg
The LACS Centre (Business English Training Resources)
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.lacscentre.co.uk