Good day! I know I'm missing something here. I'd like to think through
this openly, and hopefully someone can tell me what I'm screwing up.

The vScroll refers to the top of a field, right? When I get the
selectedLoc function of the lineOffset(textString,searchField), the
result is in x,y format for the upper left of the selection, where x is
the distance from the left of the field, and y is the distance from the
top of the field (both in pixels). Therefore, if I set the vScroll of
the field to item 2 of the result of the selectedLoc function, the top
of the field should display the paragraph containing the textString.

It seems to work well, sometimes. By the time I get to searched-for text
at the bottom of the field, the field is only scrolled to the middle of
the height. Is there some parameter that I must reset, or have I gotten
the concepts entirely wrong?

Thanks so much for all the help - this really was much simpler with
Find, but its constraints just won't work.

Best...

Mary Bull
[EMAIL PROTECTED]