>On Friday, Nov 19 1999, Peter Reid wrote:
>
> > I see in the ReadMe for MC 2.3B2 that once a stack has been saved
> > from MC 2.3, it can't be opened and used within MC 2.2.5.
> >
> > I am having to use MC Player 2.2.5 (Win NT) with a customer - they've
> > only just installed it across their network ready for delivery of a
> > series of CBT courses as MC stacks.  However, I need to create cursor
> > designs and (as recent emails on the list testify) I really need to
> > use MC 2.3 to do it as only this version supports the necessary
> > painting features.
> >
> > For the purposes of this particular client, all I really need from MC
> > 2.3 is the painting features.  Is it possible to use MC 2.3 to create
> > a dummy cursor design stack from which I can then copy and paste
> > properly formed cursor graphics into an MC 2.2.5 stack?
>
>You could use MetaCard 2.2.5 on Linux to create the cursors, that version
>*does* support painting.
>
>Regards,
>
>Kevin

Thanks for the suggestion but it's a bit drastic as I don't have
Linux as yet and wouldn't consider getting it just to paint a few
cursors ;)!

I'm sure I will look at Linux (having been a Unix person since 1980
and having an old MachTen Unix for my Mac), but it isn't a business
priority at present and I can't afford the 'playing time'.

Seriously, couldn't I even create a cursor graphic in MC 2.3 and then
copy & paste it into a stack in MC 2.2.5?

Regards
Peter

Peter Reid
Reid-IT Limited, Loughborough, Leics., UK
Tel: +44 (0)1509 268843 Fax: +44 (0)1509 264986
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.reidit.co.uk