Changing the doubleClickInterval would certainly be the simplest way.
But...
The language in the 2.2.5 MC Ref is a little ambiguous, but I think it
means that we can't change the doubleClickInterval on any platforms
except the Unixes (though I haven't verified that). See what you think:

"This property determines the maximum time (in milliseconds) between two
mouse button clicks that will be considered a double click.  A good
default is 250 milliseconds.  This property is only used on UNIX/X11
systems (the system specified value is used on Windows and MacOS
systems)."

Phil

--
Phil Davis