Dominique Delefortrie wrote:
> For instance, I have a card field with numbers, and a button which serves
> to define the number format of that field. The button script calls an
> user-defined function in the card script. How to make it work ?

Just call it... the objects can call directly any functions or handlers
(those with "on") in the card script, all background scripts on the same
card (not only those that they are members of!!!), and in the stack
script. This is the message inheritance.

But you'll have to either send a command or use the second parameter of
the "value" function (look in the docs) if you want to call a function
in the field from the button, but those both lack a certain elegance. It
would be nicer to write a getProp handler in the field:

getProp formattedNumber
  get me
  -- do your formatting
  return it
end formattedNumber

Now you can call it from the button like this:

  get the formattedNumber of fld 1

Nice, isn't it?

Regards
  Rüdiger

   GINIT - Gesellschaft fuer integrierte Informationssysteme mbH
GINIT GmbH
Ruediger zu Dohna                        email:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technologiepark                          phone:     +49-721-96681-63
Emmy-Noether-Str. 9                      fax:       +49-721-96681-11
D-76131 Karlsruhe                        www:    http://www.ginit.de