----->>>>> On 16-Dec-1999, Hugh Senior wrote:
>   To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   From: Hugh Senior <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>   Subject: Communicating with Outlook Express
>   Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 10:00:26 +0000
>
>   I am still failing miserably to insert "To" and "Subject"
>   field data into a new email message in Outlook Express
>   launched by mc.
>
>   Progress so far:
>
>   This simply opens Outlook Express...
>     [put queryRegistry path into tAppPath]
>     open process tAppPath for neither
>
>   But this no work...
>     [put queryRegistry path into tAppPath]
>     put "mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=Example" into tData
>     open process tAppPath && tData for neither

I think the mailto is a web browser thing which allows you to call a mail
client or maybe I don't know much about Windows ;-).
Here's a link with what you can do with mailto
"http://ianrwww.unl.edu/internet/mailto.html".
If you want to mail something from within MC why don't you write a simple
smtp client(v2.3) which can popup with all fields filled in via script.

>   Has anyone any bright ideas? Pretty please??
>
>   /H
>
>   Hugh Senior
andu

This is the MetaCard mailing list.