> label
>>
>>> And Scott Raney replied:
>>>
>>> I can't reproduce this: the label is always drawn on top of the filled
>>> area here...
>>
>>> I replied back:
>>
>> I am using the Mac version, MetaCard 2.3B2. The label is drawn in the
> middle
>> on my iMac 266. I am using System 8.5.1.

> And Marni enlightened.
>
> Raymond,
>
> The label should appear within the graphic, but over whatever fill you are
> using. Perhaps the reason it's obscured is that the color of your label text
> is too close to the color of your fill, and so that's why you can't see it.
> Try choosing a contrasting text color.
>

> I think Scott meant "on top" in a layering context, not in a vertical
> context.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Marni

Dim light appears over the head of our befuddled hero. "Ooohhhh!" he says.
He tries it out. Marni is right!

Thank you, Marni and Scott! Now that I have *that* settled ....

Happy Holidays to All! May the new year bring joy and success to all.

Raymond
--------
Our hero now hears his wife saying, "Get off the internet and get the kids
in the car! We have to go now if we are to get there in time!" So he goes!
Talk to you all next week -- or next year!

This is the MetaCard mailing list.