On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I imported a small gif to use as a custom cursor.  However, when I tried it,
> I only got a white mask of the object.  I looked through the  list archives
> and found where someone had suggested drawing the cursor on a UNIX machine so
> it would be in the MetaCard custom format.  Since I do not have a UNIX
> machine, is there any other way (via some standard graphics programs) to
> output a graphic in the same format that MetaCard prefers?

Yes, but it'll take some work.  You have to get it so that the
colormap for the image only has 2 entries in it.  The easiest way to
do that is to paint on the image in MetaCard, which is now supported
on all platforms in 2.3.  You can import a GIF and then paint on it to
clean up the colormap if you've already got a cursor that's close to
the size you want.  Also note that for cross platform work, use 16x16
as the cursor size (MacOS only supports that size, though Win32 and
X11 support others).

>  Also, will MC accept an .ico image?

No.
  Scott