>On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Peter Reid wrote:
>
>  > Since I don't seem to be able to playback AVI files under VfW using
>  > MC 2.3Gamma, can anyone tell me how I might be able to control AVI
>  > playing using the MCISendString function?
>
>Anyone else have this problem?  Playback of AVI files using the
>built-in VfW features works fine here.  Of course you don't get the
>same capabilities you get with QT (e.g., no controller, no selections,
>and no alwaysBuffer)
>   Regards,
>     Scott

I've discovered that the problem seems to be if I set the
"lockLocation" of the player to true:

- when the player lockLocation is true, the sound plays, but no video,

- when the player lockLocation is false, the sound and video play.

I checked this behaviour with the latest MC2.3 Gamma (downloaded over
the weekend).

Cheers
Peter