Some clarification...
What I am trying to do is simulate an MDI window. I have several grouped
backgrounds each representing a window. I am trying to get these fake
windows to exhibit standard behaviour such as:
when the user clicks anywhere on the window it comes to the front. I have
tried switching the layers of the groups... however the problem is they are
groups - which contain objects with their own layer numbers. Is there an
easy way to relayer the group and its contained objects?

There is probably a better way to architect this but I am after a quick &
dirty mockup...
Thanks,

Blair Moxon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        # example of the script on the group "fakewindow"

> on mouseUp
>   put the layer of group "Frame" into  tborder

        # "Frame" represents the MDI window border layer number which is the
topmost layer

>   subtract 1 from  tborder
>   put  tborder into newLayer
>   set the layer of group " fakewindow " to newLayer
> end mouseUp

This is the MetaCard mailing list.