Is it possible to determine the type of a file on the MacOS?  I have
tried looking in the help docs and in the archives.  I did find where
Scott mentioned that you had to check if files had a certain type,
but I can't figure out how this could be done.  I know how to filter
the answer file dialog to only show certain types of files, but I
would like to filter the file list before displaying it to the user
in the application I'm working on.  I can use the filter command to
check for certain text in the file name, but can't come up with a way
to determine the Mac OS file type of individual files.  Can this be
done?

Dave Tremmel
--

David Tremmel