OK, I'm sitting at home working on a proposal for a client that will involve
some multimedia development in MC.  It should be a nice little project, a
holiday greeting disc from a winery and an online music company.

Part of the project will involve superimposing some elegant antialiased
typography on top of suitable holiday images.  After contemplating the
methods available to achieve this effect, it occurs to me that the most
efficient way to pull this off would be to overlay masked images of the type
on top of the holiday images, so both type and image could be swapped and
animated at will.

But once again, reality dawns and I go through the old ritual of banging my
head against the wall because I realize I'm going to have to build all the
imagery as animated GIFs.

If only MC supported object translucency, I wouldn't have to jump through
hoops every time I do this type of project.

Meanwhile, the MetaCard slogan, nay, rallying cry, keeps echoing through my
head: "There's a better way to do that."

I'm still waiting for that better way.

Regards,

Scott