Recently, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Problem:  When I click in the list field of the palette, the text selection
> in the field on the main window goes away.

I actually mentioned this same problem months ago.  I was trying to effect
changes on text using a combobox and ran into the same deselection problem.
This is a really lame workaround, but did you try capturing the
path/location of the selected text and then reselecting the text when you
affect it?  I was going to try this option but never got around to it.

Regards,

Scott