On 23/8/00 10:45 am, James Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I work in an ISP environment. Needless to say we use alot of Perl
> scripts. They are structured in the standard Unix format: <script name>
> <options> <argument1> <argument2 etc>
>
> Is it possible to execute them from within a Metacard Object (button,
> field etc) and is it possible to use fields and pull down menues as
> input for the options and arguments?

It should indeed be possible to do this.  Check out the open process command
and shell() function entries in the language reference and of course post
again if they don't solve your problem.

Regards,

Kevin

> Jim K

Kevin Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.runrev.com/>
Runtime Revolution Limited (formerly Cross Worlds Computing).
Tel: +44 (0)131 672 2909.  Fax: +44 (0)1639 830 707.