Emiel,

heres some generic serial drivers ive used with great sucess with mc to
control all sorts of a/v devices. call openport on stackopen and
closeport on stackclose unless you need to open and close for other
reasons. i usually just use a command like transmit to send serial
strings out so i dont have to worry about having to change things all
over if i have global characters to put before or after for various
machines. usually put the result that comes back from the write command
into a fld to look for error messages that might come back.

yell if you have questions.

jeff

on openport
  set the serialcontrolstring to "baud=4800 parity=N data=8 stop=1"
  open file "COM2:" for binary update
end openport

on closeport
  close file "COM2:"
end closeport

on transmit thecommand
  write thecommand to file "COM2:"
  read from file "COM2:" until numtochar(13)
  put "Port 2: "&thecommand&" / Result: "&it after&return&return fld
"testing"
end transmit

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 9/2/00 4:09 PM

>Hi all,
>
>could someone please give me a good example on how to utilize serial ports
>in metacard. because evry time I try this:
>
>on mouseUp
>open COM1
>end mouseUp
>
>my computer just doesn't do anything anymore...
>
>realy need help...
>
>regards,
>Emiel

Jeffrey H. Reynolds, Ph.D.