Amazingly, after downloading a black and white GIF that originally started
in Illustrator as a vector drawing, and putting it into an image. . .it is
paintable with MC paint tools! I didn't know a b/w GIF became "bit map"
image.  "Fills work inside what were previously closed paths in Illustrator
. . .fantastic, two years of work by our art director suddenly become a
dynamite on-line coloring book. (Mystic Mouse)

Coloring Mystic Mouse on line will be very intriquing for kids.

So now I am experimenting with building coloring/painting tools. We note
that if you look in the Metacard Menu Bar you see all the painting stacks. I
cloned all those to another stack as a starter kit.

But this is all very tricky and will take some time.  Questions:

1)  I am wondering if someone has already done this. And could share it with
us? i.e. a suite of paint tools that runs under the player?

2) Scott, are there any icon numbering issues I should be worried about?
obviously I have to set the numbers for all the patterns and also the copies
of the  paint tools icons to a higher range. . .any recommendations there?

3) In MC paint tools, when you select a pattern there is no way out back to
no pattern, that I could find. What am I missing? Or is this a "gap" and I
need to create my own button to set the pattern empty?

4) The instructions for the Paint tools are way off. . .it refers to use of
the control key but on the mac it is the command key.  Is there an updated
cross platform reference FAQ update for the paint tools? I will need to
supply this with my stacks to help novice painters.

5) in the Paint Tools environment, Color chooser, only the pen and brush
colors are active, I presume this is all that apply to paint tools (at least
that is all that seemed to apply when I tried all the tools) i.e. foreground
color and back ground color etc all are inactive. . .and I can remove all
those from the color chooser stack that I create for the kids running under
a standalone. True?

Hinduism Today

Sivakatirswami
Editor's Assistant/Production Manager