Hi David,

David Bovill wrote:

> I wanted to get the names of the groups on a card but not all the groups -
> is there an easy way to do this?

To make sure we're solving the right problem, could you please
describe elaborate on which groups you want to identify?

> These functions work, but as I want objects
> to send messages to other objects at the same level when the stack is
> resized I don't really want this to be too slow. Is there a faster way?

If you want names of all groups placed on a given card, you could
do something like:

    put (the number of groups in this card) into xMax
    repeat with x = 1 to xMax
        -- code goes here
    end repeat

Or, another approach:

    put (the groupnames of this card) into tGroupList
    filter tGroupList with "x*" -- assumes target group names all
start with "x"
    repeat for each line tGroupName in tGroupList
        -- code goes here
    end repeat

If these aren't what you need, please tell us more!

Thanks,
Phil

--
Phil Davis