Title: RE: Rookie question - mouseUp on unlocked field

Excellent suggestions, thank you.
Tim
----------
From:   Sjoerd Op 't Land
Reply To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Tuesday, 26 September 2000 16:28
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: Rookie question - mouseUp on unlocked field

I think making the field clear whenever the user clicks in it it is not
nice. If the user want to select some characters, the field clears. Maybe
you want to clear the field when the user clicks the first time (so a cursor
appears). Then the script would be:

on openField
  put empty into field "Degrees C"
  put empty into field "Degrees F"
end openField

A nice one would be:

on returnInField
  send "mouseUp" to button "Convert"
end returnInField

on enterInField
  send "mouseUp" to button "Convert"
end enterInField

So when the user presses return or enter, the convert starts.

BTW Do you know how to round numbers on a certain digits? If not, you can
use this:

set the numberFormat to "0.##"