Thanks again for the feedback and the various suggestions from list
members.

The searchstack is intended to search *any* stack either as an extra
tool during development or to be attached later as part of a stack.

It would of course be a possibility to prepare a stack to be searched in
a specific way by setting dontsearch (David Bovill) or custom properties
(Monte Goulding) of fields, but the aim was to be able to search any
unprepared stack (and the dontsearch property would not work with the
offset function).

The idea came up in one of our workshops for prototyping educational
software (where we use the Starter Kit as the basis and additionally
"MultimediaBuilder" for simpler hypertexts with less interactivity). The
searchstack searches all presently visible fields, displays all results
in a field along with the respective addresses. The results comprise the
colorized searchstring in its immediate textual context (similar to a
"concordance program" in language analysis). The range of the context
can be stipulated (x words before and after the found expression or the
whole paragraph/line), so the user can browse all results and then
decide which card to go to by clicking at the address.

Concerning the use of  "owner" my present insight is that

- "owner" returns only the name of the owner or parts of it (word 1,
last char etc.) and *no other properties* of the owner

- the only exception is when you are on the current card and the script
is executed from the message box or in an object script of that card; in
this case you can retrieve *any* property of the owner.

Regards,

Wilhelm Sanke