On Sat, 18 Aug 2001 David Bovill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm sort of working on something like this at the moment - which brings up
> the problem I'm having creating flow diagrams...
>
> I want to be able to position groups - and it would be so much easier if I
> could use the pointer tool to do this and still trap for messages like
> mouseMove or whatever - but the only thing I can trap seems to be
> selectedObjectChanged (apart from the mysteries of the control key menus)...
>
> I guess I can simulate it, and simulate the move and resize handles but I
> wish that I could still have messages in paint and pointer/selection tool
> modes....
>
> Any tricks I am missing?

The messages you want *are* sent when you have the pointer tool,
they're just swallowed by the main development-environment front
script.  You'll need to either remove that while testing, or put your
own script in front of that with "insert script".  The messages aren't
sent when you have a paint tool in 2.3.X, but are in 2.4. You can get
the final beta of that in the directory:
ftp://ftp.metacard.com/MetaCard/2.4/
  Regards,
    Scott