>Hmm.... I thought there was a flag for this so one could do either
>statistical or common rounding.  Is it a property, a function, or am I
>imagining things?

I agree that this is odd behaviour and that '5' should always round up (as
in FileMaker and Excel):
  round (39.105,2) should round up to 39.11 because
  round (39.15,1) rounds up to 39.2

You could 'cheat' by always adding 0.00001 to your amounts. This would
oblige a 5 to think it's a wee bit bigger and so respond appropriately.

Alternatively, set all the source data to 4 decimal places (set the
numberFormat to "0.0000") and the final calc to 2 (set the numberFormat to
"0.00").

/H

Hugh Senior

The Flexible Learning Company
Consultant Programming & Software Solutions
Fax/Voice: +44 (0)1483.27 87 27
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: www.flexibleLearning.com