I've tried using 'ask file' and 'answer file' to save/open files but am having touble figuring out how to have it show the folder I want.  For eaxmple, I try:

 ask file "Save as..." with "c:/folder1/folder2/myFile.txt"

When executed, it shows the save dialog with 'myFile' as the suggested file name but no matter what path I give, it always shows the folder where the MetaCard engine is residing.  In the example above, folder1 and folder2 are already created.  I am using MC 2.3.1.  I have even tried setting the directory to the desired folder beforehand.

I suspect I am missing something simple here.

Philip Chumbley