However, I disagree that this is an anomaly.

The random(x) function is defined to return an integer in the range from 1 up to round(x).

You can define your own function, say, rnd(), based on random() and use that in your scripts. It will take less time than sending a note to Kevin. You can use that everywhere. It would be at most seven lines long. If you decide you want random(x+1)-1 instead of the version with the _if_, then you can change it in only one place. (And then the function is only three lines long.)

It is my opinion that this is one of those cases in which you bend to the product and not the other way around.

Dar Scott

I've already * worked around * this. I still consider it an anomaly. Something that had to be * worked around *

Shari C
--
--Shareware Games for the Mac--
http://www.gypsyware.com