On Sunday, July 13, 2003, at 12:13 AM, Monte Goulding wrote:

Is it possible to throw from an external? I haven't done any external
development yet although as soon as I see some decent docs I'll probably
jump in as I know some C.

I'd be inclined to include a glue stack library with an external. It would handle the sugar coating for problems like passing data with nulls. In many cases it would do most of the work and use the external for getting to OS services.

In this case, the glue library can throw for its own work and then throw for external errors flagged in globals.

Dar Scott
who didn't really answer your question