Once we confirm the IDs of the splitter cursors in Rev, should we update MC's to match those? I'm inclined to say yes to be done with it, even if the numbers are oddly out of sequence. Objections?

--
 Richard Gaskin

Is there a way to somehow set references to the cursors at startup in order to keep compatibility with earlier engines? I mean a startup script checking the engine number and setting custom properties for example, which are then used elsewhere instead of id's directly?

I may be totally of the wall with this since I have no time to dig into the source codes at this time. But such a dereference would make IDE more immune from any changes in this area that RR springs on us in the future.

Robert