Hi Shari,

(latscho dives, romeza)
Sorry, but do you speak "romanes", a bit maybe?
Or are "irish" gypsies a totally different thing from
the "european" Sinti and Roma?

I had been working with some gypsy guys, played the bass in
some "sinti jazz" bands (a la Django Reinhardt), so i know some
"romanes" terms (and a LOT of swing tunes) :-)

I am stressed, since we will be moving end of next week* and now we are painting the old flat, painting the new flat, put zillion things into zillion boxes and hope it
won't rain :-)

*in the same city fortunately...

Best from germanski

Klaus Major

Klaus,

We moved a few months ago in the pouring rain. We had an open trailer to move with. Just a flatbed trailer with four walls.

We put a tarp down, bigger than the trailer, stacked our stuff, and put a tarp over it all overlapping the bottom tarp. We tied the heck out of the thing. We must have made 15 trips this way, 3 hours roundtrip each time. Wasn't fun but everything arrived in one piece and dry.

We moved in September, and we are STILL not settled. Hoo-eeee! Talk about a lot of work! A whole room full of boxes to figure out what to do with still. We're just now hanging pictures. Just so much we want to do!

Good luck, and just remember one thing...

You will survive it :-)  The worst of it will be over soon.....

thanks a lot for your commiseration!

Actually, we had been moving about 2 years ago and the last box
had been folded and put into our cellar rooms about a month ago... :-D

But anyway, we will make it somehow and we have a CLOSED trailer
fortunately :-)

Shari
--
Mac and Windows shareware games