Hi David,

On 15/07/07, Klaus Major <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Are the stack names fixed in the engine (now that would be a bad idea)

I'm afraid this is the case.

OK - that officially sucks

Not as much as you might think.

You can of course create your own dialogs, as long as they are named "Ask/Answer dialog"
and can be found by the engine.

MC uses other differnet stacks (stored as "Answer dialog" and "Ask
dialog" as substacks of "mctools.mc")
than Rev (stored as individual stacks named " revaskdialog.rev" and
"revanswerdialog.rev" in folder "Toolset"
in the app folder.

So the only way round this bit is to either ignore the name clash - or rename the dialogs or possibly in the case of the RunRev IDE remove the association linked in the stackfiles.

Does anyone know where RunRev stores the stackfile associations (which stack) - I think there is no way of finding out other than searching each stack.

In "the stackfiles of stack home"

> What are the issues about having both IDE's available within the
> same process?

I'm not sure, but I think they both demand a "home" stack on startup
and Rev uses another home stack than MC.
And Rev's home stack is locked!

> Can't we just switch between the two - toggling library scripts
> In fact taking that to an extreme - what would it take to make a
> plugin that closed down the Rev IDe and launched the MC IDE, and
> vice versa?

I have no idea.

OK - I'll have a little play. MC uses one stack and one front and back script - the problems is the name clash with the various dialogs. Maybe a startup script can reanme these stacks depending in which environment they are opened in...

Best

Klaus Major
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.major-k.de