I am trying to understand under what conditions Metacard 2.5 can find a
stack that is called without its path, i.e., by a "go stack <shortName>"
command.  My tentative and incomplete list is below, but I wondered if the
full rule set is explained somewhere.

1.  If the stack has already been opened (and not "destroyed") since MC last
started up?  Yes

2.  If the stack is listed in the stackFiles of

a.  the defaultStack?  Yes

b.  the stack whose script contains the "go" command?

c.  some other open stack?

d.  a stack that is in use?  No

3.  If the stack is in the same folder as

a.  the defaultStack?

b.  the stack whose script contains the "go" command?

c.  some other open stack?

d.  a stack that is in use?

4.  If the stack is in the path that has been most recently specified in a
"set directory to <path>" command?

5.  If the stack is a substack of

a.  the defaultStack?  Yes

b.  the stack whose script contains the "go" command?

c.  some other open stack?

d.  a stack that is in use?

6.  Other conditions I haven't thought of?

A related question:  Is it good practice to use the file extension ".mc" or
".rev" in a "go stack <shortName>" command?

Many thanks.

David Epstein