Recently, Richmond wrote:

>> Message box: set passKey of stack "xyz" to "abc"
>> To remove a password after setting the passKey:
>> set password of stack "xyz" to empty
>
>  One wonders what the point of password protection is then (at least vis-a-vis
> stacks).

I don't know what the actual state of password protection is in MC, but in
general you cannot change/undo a stack's password without knowing that
password.  The "passkey" string above is the same as the stack's password
string; you are prevented from setting the password property directly,
without first setting the passkey to the stack's password.  Plus, setting
the passkey property is temporary, working only for the current session
until the stack is removed from memory.  The next time you open the stack,
the password is enabled and scripts are protected.

It may sound a bit roundabout, but I'm sure it's no different that what
LiveCode uses in the IDE.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director