It's Alain, the HyperCard Pantechnicon host.. I have been using HyperCard since
1986, MetaCard 2.5 since 1996, but I never made the leap to RunRev,
specifically LiveCode these days. Now I am seriously considering it, so I have
some questions for y'all:
* With MetaCard 2.5, above a [few] thousand cards, performance slowed down
Is Rev faster than this? Can Rev handle tens-of-thousands of cards? Would it
Does Rev support mySQL databases ?
* MetaCard started in the UNIX world, was then ported to windows, then ported
Does Rev run on Linux? Does Rev run on Debian ?
* Rev's web plugin is available for which browsers ?
FireFox ?IceWeasel? Chrome ?
* Is there a Rev licence that allows standalones ? If so, how much does it cost
* Best way(s) to learn LiveCode ?
Thanks y'all, and I hope that I will be joining you soon, :)
metacard mailing list