On 2/12/13 12:19 PM, David Epstein wrote:
After years of using Metacard 2.5, I've started using LiveCode 4.5 and
5.5.3 as well as the the Metacard interface for those.  Particularly on my
older Mac (PowerPC chip System 10.4) I have noticed some significantly
slower operations with the newer versions.  Is this consistent with others'
experience?  And will stacks' performance as standalones tend to be roughly
similar to how they work in the development environment with which I
compile them?

I haven't noticed any differences, but I haven't had a PPC machine in years. Probably the only way to know if standalones are affected is to build one and see. Is there any pattern to the things that are slower? Maybe some of the many improvements since version 2.5 could handle those better.