the latest collection of patches is available at  
http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2012-05/0018.html
 in http://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2012-05/att-0018/metalink-patch.tar.bz2

please try it out!

On Sunday, April 29, 2012 3:39:54 AM UTC-4, Anthony Bryan wrote:
>
> so, quite exciting news on the curl front... 
>
> Tatsuhiro has revived his 3 year old patch & it's very nice to be able 
> to use metalink with curl! 
>
> the discussion is happening on the curl-users list, & I don't think it 
> will make it into the next version, but hopefully the one after that. 
>
> curl's metalink support uses libmetalink, which Tatsuhiro has just 
> applied a few fixes to. 
> I'm thinking it might be good to have meta4/RFC 5854 support in 
> libmetalink soon too 
>
> On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Tatsuhiro <[email protected]> wrote: 
> > Good news! 
> > 
> > Daniel Stenberg wrote: 
> >> On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa wrote: 
> >> 
> >> I would like to play around with this patch and functionality a bit, 
> but I have an initial request: 
> >> 
> >> I'd like this patch to have as low impact as possible on the existing 
> code so I would really like to see perhaps a separate file added with the 
> necessary metalink support functions or similar, so that all devs and users 
> who don't care for metalink wouldn't have to see many traces of it. 
> >> 
> > 
> > OK. In my first patch, all metalink functions were integrated in 
> > main.c. I'll make new patch that call metalink function in another 
> > file after options are parsed. 
> > 
> > Best regards, 
> > 
> > Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa 
> > 
> > 
> > On 2月6日, 午前1:19, Anthony Bryan <[email protected]> wrote: 
> >> good news? 
> >> 
> >> Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 23:10:15 +0100 (CET) 
> >> From: Daniel Stenberg <[email protected]> 
> >> Subject: Re: Patch for Metalink Support 
> >> To: the curl tool <[email protected]> 
> >> Message-ID: <[email protected]> 
> >> Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; format=flowed; charset=US-ASCII 
> >> 
> >> On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa wrote: 
> >> > I made a patch to add very basic Metalink support to curl 
> command-line tool. 
> >> > The patch is made against curl-7.19.2. Although the patch is still 
> rather 
> >> > experimental, it provides basic fail over functionality. 
> >> 
> >> I would like to play around with this patch and functionality a bit, 
> but I 
> >> have an initial request: 
> >> 
> >> I'd like this patch to have as low impact as possible on the existing 
> code so 
> >> I would really like to see perhaps a separate file added with the 
> necessary 
> >> metalink support functions or similar, so that all devs and users who 
> don't 
> >> care for metalink wouldn't have to see many traces of it. 
> >> 
> >> -- 
> >> 
> >>  / daniel.haxx.se 
> >> 
> >> 
> >> 
> >> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Tatsuhiro <[email protected]> 
> wrote: 
> >> 
> >> > Hmm, maybe other curl devs have not yet shared the idea about 
> Metalink 
> >> > with Daniel. 
> >> 
> >> > On 12月17日, 午前2:22, "Anthony Bryan" <[email protected]> wrote: 
> >> >> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Nicolas Alvarez 
> >> 
> >> >> <[email protected]> wrote: 
> >> 
> >> >> > Anthony Bryan wrote: 
> >> >> >> This is a neat patch, but IMHO it doesn't belong in the curl 
> command line 
> >> >> >> client. It adds functionality that goes well beyond what curl is 
> designed 
> >> >> >> for and the UNIX philosophy behind it: to do one thing and do it 
> well, 
> >> >> >> which is to transfer individual URLs from/to individual sites 
> >> >> >> and to allow all manner of tweaking that behaviour. That's why it 
> >> >> >> doesn't do HTML parsing, remote URL globbing, recursive 
> transfers, 
> >> >> >> PAC proxy configuration, etc. 
> >> 
> >> >> >> Metalink support is designed for something other than what curl's 
> primary 
> >> >> >> mission is about. An indication of this is that of curl's 128 
> options, 
> >> >> >> half become irrelevant (and even more are marginally relevant) 
> when doing 
> >> >> >> Metalink transfers. Adding two additional library dependencies to 
> curl 
> >> >> >> is also an issue. 
> >> 
> >> >> > Can I say "I told you so" or will I get flamed? 
> >> 
> >> >> no flames :) 
> >> 
> >> >> it's kinda confusing when Daniel, curl author, writes 
> >> 
> >> >> "The Metalink guys host a list of project ideas and one of those 
> ideas 
> >> >> is to add metalink support to curl, and I recently bumped the stakes 
> a 
> >> >> bit by raising the bounty with an additional 200 USD so that the 
> offer 
> >> >> is now 500 USD for the person or team that brings the feature as 
> >> >> described. 
> >> 
> >> >> My primary motivation for doing this is that I like the metalink 
> idea 
> >> >> and I'd like to help making sure it gets used more widely." 
> >> 
> >> >>http://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2008/11/09/metalink-in-curl-bounty/ 
> >> 
> >> >> -- 
> >> >> (( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [http://www.metalinker.org] 
> >> >>   )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads 
> >> 
> >> -- 
> >> (( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [http://www.metalinker.org] 
> >>   )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads 
> > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ 
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
> Groups "Metalink Discussion" group. 
> > To post to this group, send email to 
> [email protected] 
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> [email protected] 
> > For more options, visit this group at 
> http://groups.google.com/group/metalink-discussion?hl=en 
> > -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~--- 
> > 
>
>
>
> -- 
> (( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ] 
>   )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads 
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Metalink Discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/metalink-discussion/-/MOY5kiHke4UJ.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/metalink-discussion?hl=en.

Reply via email to