Well, at any rate as I've been working on this for 9 days now I'll stop
here. I do not feel like going those last few extra miles just to implement
proof decompression and test it thoroughly on the big library. I am not
sure how stringent the criteria for inclusion on that list of verifiers in
other languages are, but it might be good enough for consideration anyway
even in its current form.

I am impatient to start studying set theory so I'll get to that. That was
what attracted me to Metamath in the first place. Doing this toy
implementation was a side quest.