On Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 6:06:31 AM UTC-4 ginx wrote:

> Norm:
>
> Thanks for the reply, I’m definitely going to hang out around here more
> often. The 100 theorems is my ideal option, I was scheming the list
> provided and some theorems caught my eye, like the four colors one,
> however, that one has only bene proven by Coq, so it might out of hands for
> me (at least for the purpose of the dissertation). The Insolvability of
> General Higher Degree Equations also caught my eye, but that one is even
> worse since it appears to have no formalized proof by prover yet. Descartes
> Rule of Signs is one that I’m already familiarized with and 3 provers
> already have it so this one could be a good option.
>
> Other than that, I’ve got a couple of theorems in mind that do not belong
> to the 100 theorems. Erdős–Szekeres theorem, Chinese remainder theorem,
> Kummer's theorem, Lucas's theorem and others. Or maybe just check the
> validity and/or worst time/space complexity of some CS algorithms, such as:
> Kosaraju's algorithm, KMP algorithm, Sieve of Eratosthenes (regular one and
> linear time one), and others. Maybe even for data structures as well. Main
> problem is, I’m not sure which of these have already been solved in
> Metamath or are currently being solved. Is there some sort of index to
> check for this?

There is an outline of the set.mm content here:
http://us.metamath.org/mpeuni/mmtheorems.html
although it doesn't always show specific theorems on the Table of Contents
page but just the general area covered by a section.

The Erdos–Szekeres theorem and the Chinese remainder theorem are here:
http://us.metamath.org/mpeuni/erdsze.html
http://us.metamath.org/mpeuni/crt.html

You can click on "Nearby theorems" on the above pages to see related
material.  The small colored number after a theorem label will let you
determine where it falls in the  mmtheorems.html table of contents.

(It looks like erdsze is still in Mario's "mathbox" [which is a work space
assigned to individuals for developing proofs - you will get one].  Since
it is one of the mm100 theorems, at some point it probably should be moved
to an appropriate place in the main body of set.mm.)

BTW I found the above theorems by searching set.mm in the metamath program:

./metamath
MM> read set.mm
MM> search * szek /comment
MM> search * chinese /comment

Other tools like mmj2 also have search functionality, and worst-case
there's grep :)

Since Mario did the above 2 proofs, perhaps he has comments on some others
on your list, such as to what extent we have the necessary background
material developed.

Norm