Stephen Wolfram has been investigating dependencies between theorems,
including Metamath's set.mm, and has written up some findings here:
https://writings.stephenwolfram.com/2020/09/the-empirical-metamathematics-of-euclid-and-beyond/

He mentions that ~syl is the most popular set.mm theorem (as we know).  It
appears that ~syl isn't the most prominent in your propcalc.pdf; instead, I
think ~id and ~a1i have the most arrows pointing to them.  Apparently ~syl
is mostly referenced after the prop calc section.

Norm