I like this very much.  I think I will add a variable to the $t statement
in set.mm so your base URL can be maintained there, instead of being
hard-coded in metamath.exe.  (And Thierry's structured version also, which
is currently hard-coded.) Give me a week or so.

An observation (in Chrome 87.0.4280.88 at least):  when the [+] box is
clicked, the [-] box sometimes appears in the lower-left corner of the
expanded table cell and other times in the upper-left corner.  E.g. step 34
of sqrtirr shows a lower-left [-]  and step 35 shows an upper-right [-].
Ideally the [-] would remain at the same position as the corresponding [+]
so we can open and close an expansion without moving the mouse, although
I'm not sure how hard that is to do.

Norm