Rafael:

I made a meteorite cane just by epoxying the magnet into a piece of pvc
tubing.  I did machine the tube opening so that the magnet was press fitted
tightly into it.  If you have a square magnet, you can also epoxy it to the
end of a tube of any length.

I found that the cane was not as effective as I would have liked.  The area
of the magnet was very small (I used a 1/2 inch diameter magnet).  The cane
is basically used in the same manner as a metal detector.  Sweep it slowly
from side to side while walking forward.

I gave up using the cane and used a metal detector instead.  I felt that it
covered much more area in much less time.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dave