Hello Mark, Matteo,
John, Dean and List,

John Divelbiss wrote:

> My comparison is that my two slices of 978
> looks a lot fresher than my two 753 slices

First let me thank you for those great pictures
but studying them, leaves me a little confused :-(

Reason: Both Mark's and Matteo's NWA 753 specimens
look like my NWA 978 from the Hupés (the one with
the soft glow of the Milky Way in my description)
whereas my NWA 753 from Jim Strope has conspicuous
grayish-white slightly oval chondrules (definitely
larger than the ones in my 978), is a  much lighter
gray color and looks fresher than my 978. "Fresher"
would support the description you find in:

BISCHOFF A. et al. (2001) Mineralogy, Chemistry, and
noble gases of the unpaired Rumuruti chondrites NWA 753
and NWA 755 (MAPS 36-9, 2001, A021):

"Mineralogy: Northwest Africa 753 is a quite fresh (W2)
R3.9 chondrite, which is unbrecciated in thin section.
The rock is probably one of the  f r e s h e s t  Rumuruti
samples besides Rumuruti."

Cheers,

Bernd