----- Original Message ----- From: "dorifry" <dori...@embarqmail.com>
To: "dave carothers" <carother...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Polygraph testing legality

Dave,

Yes, they measure changes in bodily functions, nobody disputes that. But what do these changes mean? Is there a scientifically proven correspondence between the physiological changes and lying or truth telling? No there isn't. The changes could indicate simple nervousness about being accused of a crime. They could indicate an upset stomach or a migraine headache. They could indicate you're a Yogi master who can control his bodily responses. There's way too much room for interpretation when you try to determine a specific state of mind by measuring physiological responses.

Phil Whitmer

----- Original Message ----- From: "dave carothers" <carother...@gmail.com> To: "dorifry" <dori...@embarqmail.com>; "Matson, Robert D." <robert.d.mat...@saic.com>