From: "Darryl Pitt" <dar...@dof3.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:12 AM
To: "Jim Wooddell" <jim.woodd...@suddenlink.net>
Cc: <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Ontario Fall Area Calculation 18MAR2014 Event

Hi,

I'm gonna bet large on Peter, Phil and the crew at University of Western Ontario to come up with something....

One gallon....Rocky Road.   ;-)

On Mar 22, 2014, at 11:54 AM, Jim Wooddell wrote:

Hi Dirk!

Interesting.  I looked and figured nothing survived.

I do not see anything real impressive on the sky cams, although a solution is obviously going to be there from that group of cameras which I will assume are dialed in with calibrated data files. The 1 camera where the event occurred almost overhead does not indicate to me anything majorily impressive. While it is a beautiful capture....they all are if it's overhead.
I have read that sonic stations do not have much of anything.
I have read that radar is pretty much not there.
So the main break up was about 65km and went dark at about 35km?

Do you have any other data to support survival?

Enjoying watching the frenzy and folks getting all hyped up! I bet nothing will be found the other day and I backed that bet up in that if I am wrong, I will gladly eat 1/2 gallon of ice cream!
Of course, I truly hope I am wrong!

Best!

Jim