Exactly what I thought and stated, a grinder cicle! The problem is that this slag will often test positive for nickel. Ford motor company used a good amount of nickel in their FE big block engines. Many of these engines were melted down, recycled and ground on. Unless a flying saucer is equipped with a Ford big block engine, then these claims of extraterrestrial origin are invalid.

Best Regards,

Adam

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Miller via Meteorite-list" <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
To: "Werner Schroer" <schr...@bigpond.com>
Cc: "Meteorite List" <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 10:49 PM
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] Ebay, again!

Bench mounted grinding wheel slag!!! I've seen many, during machine shop clean ups..

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 2, 2014, at 1:55 AM, "Werner Schroer via Meteorite-list" <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com> wrote:

Hi everyone,
I'm happy to announce that I'm the proud owner of an almost identical
specimen. Since I don't want it to become contaminated I don't keep it in my display cabinets amongst the other meteorites but prefer to watch it rusting
away in my sterile backyard.

It is quite obvious that these objects are created in the mysterious
underworld of Mars as a secret weapon for Gandalf who occasionally throws
them in our direction to remind us that he's still alive, and NOT during
welding processes as they happen every day on earth by the thousands.

Cheers
Werner Schroer
Australia